How much does it cost to stay
Our guests are asked to make a nominal donation of $10 per night per room. Payment is due upon checkout (or on a monthly basis for long term guests). Written authorization must be received byt the House office staff to arrange for third party billing.
To Request Accommodations:
You can request to reserve a room in advance. Bookings are confirmed approximately one month beforehand. If we cannot accommodate you in advance, you will be placed on a waiting list. Please make ALL requests by phone at 613-737-5523.
- You must be a parent or guardian of a child who is 19 years of age or younger being treated at The Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario on an outpatient or inpatient basis.
- Families must live outside an 80 km radius from the House.
- Every family registering at Ronald McDonald House must have a permanent address and valid identification is also necessary for first time check-ins.
- Prior to check-in Ronald McDonald House will screen guests by asking them questions regarding any recent exposure (in the past 7-21 days) to contagious diseases such as chicken pox, measles or mumps. No guests recently exposed to infectious diseases will be admitted.
- Have referral from hospital staff, social worker, nurse or other medical staff for first-time visits.
- There is maximum of 4 persons per room and only one room per family.
- Children staying in the House must be under the supervision of a parent or guardian at all times.
We are unable to admit anyone suffering from a cold, flu or contagious disease, or anyone who has been exposed to a known communicable disease. This is essential in protecting children who's immune systems may be compromised.
Help us keep the "Heart in our Home"!